Periodontics in Phoenixville, PA
Louis F. Rubino Jr. DMD
Our Mission Statement
To be part of our patient’s chosen healthcare team dedicated to providing quality care in an environment of honesty, integrity and professionalism where our patients feel comfortable, relaxed and welcome. We will accomplish this by:
- Educating our patients regarding their current status, prognosis, treatment options and the risks, benefits and alternatives to any proposed treatment as well as the consequences of forgoing treatment
- Working as a team with our patient’s other healthcare providers
- Listening to our patient’s questions and concerns
- Empowering patients to take ownership of their oral health
- Committing to professional development and continuing education to remain abreast of the most up-to-date technology and treatment
What is a Periodontist?
A periodontist is a dentist who specializes in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of periodontal (gum) disease and in the placement and maintenance of dental implants. Periodontists receive extensive training in these areas, including three additional years of education beyond dental school. Dr. Rubino specializes in conservative non-surgical and surgical treatment of gum disease including cosmetic procedures to aesthetically enhance your smile, as well as dental implants that can replace single or multiple missing teeth.
Periodontal Diseases are ongoing infections of the gums that gradually destroy the support of your natural teeth. Bacteria found in plaque produce toxins that irritate the gums. They may turn red, swell, and bleed easily. If this irritation is prolonged, the gums separate from the teeth causing pockets (spaces) to form. The supporting gum tissue and bone that holds teeth in place deteriorate. If left untreated, this Gum Disease leads to tooth loss.
Dental Implants are designed to provide a foundation for replacement teeth that look, feel, and function like natural teeth. The implants are titanium posts that are placed into the jawbone where teeth are missing. The bone bonds with the titanium, creating a strong foundation for artificial teeth. The person who has lost teeth regains the ability to eat virtually anything and can smile with confidence.
Dental Implants Presentation
To provide you with a better understanding of dental implants, we have provided the following multimedia presentation. Many common questions pertaining to dental implants are discussed.